As an international production company, the biggest challenge for our client was to get a clear overview of their current positive and negative impacts. Sustainability initiatives were scattered across different locations and project ownership was divided over multiple departments and employees. This made it very challenging for management to align initiatives, communicate about the company’s sustainability or improve their impact. So our goals for this project were to:
- Create an overview of all current sustainability initiatives
- Measure both negative and positive impacts across different locations and product groups
- Compare the company score against the industry benchmark
- Pinpoint improvement areas in order to match industry trends
- Start communicating about the current initiatives
The clear overview of impact initiatives enabled the company to start communicating about their impact. They integrated a sustainability page into their website, briefed internal stakeholders on their ambitions and communicated their positive and negative impact transparently. In addition, the impact scan gave them a framework and clear steps to improve their positive impact. They started to measure and report more inputs and outputs and trained employees on sustainable practices.