The Focus Academy helps people to feel and perform better by guiding their digital behavior through coaching and a rewarding ‘people first’ software application. In 2018, we created the initial mock-ups for that app, to help The Focus Academy generate 400,000 EUR in funding. Now our job was twofold:
- to make sure that The Focus Academy focuses (pun intended) on the right ideas and features
- to lay the foundation for a solid and smooth customer service
To think about our customer journey while we didn’t even have any customers yet was hard, but it turned out to be a really valuable exercise for The Focus Academy.
Bart Van Wassenhove, Founder – The Focus Academy
- The Focus Academy knows for sure they solve a real problem.
- The Focus Academy knows that they’re offering the solutions their customers are looking for.
- The Focus Academy has a clear indication of the price the customers are willing to pay for that solution.
- A number of redundant steps were eliminated from the process a customer has to go through, making the customer journey easier, more effective and more intuitive.
- A number of ideas were generated to make the customer journey more fun and surprising.
- Business model change: We managed to make sure that The Focus Academy will receive the money from their B2B customers months earlier than initially foreseen.