Print the find your why template on an A4 or bigger format.
TIP: If you’re planning to do this exercise with your team, print the template in a bigger format and use sticky notes to fill out the circles.
TIP: Fill out the circles from the outside-in, from what you know to what you need to discover.
Fill out the outer circle and ask yourself these questions:
- What products do I offer?
- What services do I offer?
- What skills do I offer?
Fill out the second circle and ask yourself these questions:
- What actions do I take?
- What processes do I follow?
- Which methodologies do I use?
- How is this different from others?
Your why is what sets you apart from everyone else. It’s what inspires you to take action, but it’s also what inspires others to take action, spread your ideas, or buy your products.
Fill out the inner circle and ask yourself these questions:
- What is my purpose?
- What do I believe in?
- What drives me as a person or as an organization?
- Why does my company or organization exist?
- Why do I get up in the morning?
Communicate from the inside out, starting with your newly identified why.